BACK CREEK ART SHOW
OCT 20-22th 2023
Section 1 Eutick Still Life (Photography not eligible ) $1000
Section 2 Open Art (Photography not eligible ) $1000
Section 3 Back Creek Newbridge Award $500 (any media includes Photography)
(Images to be sourced within 10 km radius of Newbridge Village)
Section 4 Open Photography $500
Section 5 Photography Still Life $500
Section 6 Photography Creative $200
Section 7 Blayney Shire Council Acquisitive award $1000
(Chosen from sections 1 to 6)
PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD $100
*Artists can enter a maximum of 3 entries over all sections.
* ENTRY FEE for all sections is $20 per entry
* ENTRIES CLOSE OCTOBER 13th
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Hanging art including Photography All work must be Stretched Canvas OR Framed, clean and fitted with appropriate hanging cord (No screw eyes please). In addition to the hanging cord, D rings must be fitted each side approximately 5cm from the top.
Maximum weight of each work must not exceed 8kg and maximum size of the longest side may not exceed 85cm including frame If entries do not comply with these specifications, they will not be exhibited or be eligible for judging.
Photography – must be photo-based work, including all types of analogue or digital photography, professionally framed or stretched, on any material, and in all cases READY TO HANG securely with a hanging cord plus 2 D-rings attached to the back of the frame no more than 5cm from the top Maximum weight of each work must not exceed 8kg. and maximum size of the longest side may not exceed 85cm including frame. If entries do not comply with these specifications, they will not be exhibited or be eligible for judging.
PHOTOGRAPHERS PLEASE NOTE: CLASSES 3 to 5 Photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will be disqualified.
Allowable manipulations are:
Cropping (but not canvas extension);
Moderate changes to colour, white balance, tone, lighting levels and curves, shadows and highlights, saturation, contrast, sharpness;
Moderate dodging and burning; and
Removal of dust spots and reduction of image noise.
Images may be colour or monochrome.
Images captured with multiple exposures (taken consecutively at the same time at the same location), for example, HDR, focus stacking or panoramas are acceptable provided the image accurately portrays the scene photographed.
. All entries must be taken safely and in a manner that complies with local laws and regulations
You must have appropriate written permissions from landholders where images have been captured from private property or model release forms where images portray identifiable persons
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE This is a photography competition and, as such, any entered images must have been entirely captured with a camera (digital, film or phone camera) by the entrant. Images created by artificial intelligence using image-creation programs (for example, MidJourney, DALL-E, Stable Diffusion, etc) may not be entered. Images edited using Generative AI in programs such as Photoshop, Topaz Photo AI, etc, where pixels are added that did not exist in the original photo, may not be entered.
Class 6 Creative Photography Your Entry may feature manipulation, all entries must originally be from either an analogue or digital photographs captured by you which may have then been manipulated to produce a final creative image. All visual elements in the entry must have been photographed by you and must be 100% photographic in origin, including textures, backgrounds, skies, borders, etc. The use of stock images, stock video, or clip art is not allowed.
6. In the event that works are deemed unsuitable or do not meet the competition criteria, the independent selection panel reserves the right to withdraw artworks from the competition.
7. The decision of the judging panel is final and no correspondence or discussion regarding its decision will be entered into. By participating in the competition, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of the competition committee and judging panel. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final, and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
8 Entry fees paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Costs relating to the return of artwork(s) will be the sole responsibility of the artist.
9. The opening date for entry forms is Tuesday August 1, 2023, online at https://www.newbridgensw.au
Closing date for entries is 8th October 2023
10. The date for postal delivery of artworks is October 3rd to 12th 2023
Artworks must be personally delivered ONLY
Sunday 15 October 2023 (9am-3pm)
Back Creek Art Show
Brian Bennet Pavilion
Back Creek Art Show
3 Brother’s Road
Newbridge NSW 2795
11. Artworks received after this date will be excluded from the Back Creek Art Show event.
12. Back Creek Art Show will receive a 20% commission of all works sold throughout the duration of the Back Creek Art Show event.
13 Delivery and return transport arrangements to and from the Back Creek Art Show event must be organised and paid for by the artist.
14. All artworks must be clearly marked on the back with the artist’s name, address, title, and date of work. If the work is for sale, also include the sale price on the back (including show commission). If the artist is registered for GST, the sale price must include GST. The sale price will not be changed.
15. All delivered artworks must be adequately packaged and marked with the artist’s name and address in marking pen. Artworks that arrive damaged will not be exhibited. The artist will be notified. All returned artworks will be wrapped in the same material they were delivered in. Return postage to be paid with entry.
16. An artwork must be presentable for exhibition according to the Terms and Conditions. Any artworks that are not ready to hang for display to the stipulated professional standard will not be included in the Back Creek Art Show event.
17. The cost of transit insurance must be met by the artist. The Back Creek Art Show committee accepts no responsibility/liability for any damage incurred to the artworks.
18. Following the Back Creek Art Show event all artworks must be collected/returned Sunday 22 October (3pm-7pm) 2023. Back Creek Art Show has no holding capacity beyond this date. Artworks to be returned via post will be dispatched Monday October 24th
19 Insurance is the responsibility of the artist. All care will be exercised but the organizers will not be responsible for any damage, theft or loss.
20. Entry to all categories is restricted to artists aged 18 years and over.